WATER MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
When farmers are unable to grow crops and earn a living, there is no expenditure in our towns and cities. Businesses small and large are impacted when their own incomes decline.
- Health services are also affected when communities experience growing mental health problems because of the pressure on farmers and their families
- I support the farming community’s call to “Pause the Plan” and establish a Royal Commission that would review and revise the impact of the plan on the nation’s southern food bowl.
- The Murray Darling Basin Plan is not working for the environment, for our national and state economies, our regional economies, farmers and plans to grow regional Australia
- The provision of water is an incredibly important part, of what must be a wider strategy for a prosperous regional Australia
- There needs to be an investigation into water quality in Griffith; the prevalence of blue-green algae and the increased incidence of motor-neurone disease